Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Ezekiel 37:15-17 (January 30, 2017)

Monday - went to Pday in the Dalles, perfected a rainbow, destroyed everyone in chair soccer (jk) and drove up to Yakima at 6. We got to the mission home at about 8:20 or so.

Tuesday - The next morning we woke up bright and early and left to WENATCHEE :DD  Zone Conference was phenomenal, it was such an incredibly spiritual experience and on top of that I got to see a ton of my mission friends :)

Wednesday - We were crazy booked. It has been a definite process to work up to the point where we aren't tracting all day but it definitely paid off on Wedesday because we were running around everywhere. It was such an awesome day. First thing that morning we participated in the Worldwide missionary broadcast which was with the Apostles - it was the Missionary Committee of the church and we got to sit in on it! Our schedule has been changed and so have our key indicators which was super interesting. Afterwards we had a couple of lessons and we finally got rid of the illegal fish (only after it almost landing in Martha's hair because we got stuck and I was trying to go back and forth and back and forth, rocking the car so much.  I am getting so good with a shovel). At one point there was a lull in appointments and I saw Julian outside trying to scrape off ice from the walkway. So we ran over with a shovel, scraped it off and set up a return appointment with him that night. His son was there and we taught the plan of Salvation. Marcos has a fantastic grasp of the concepts and Julian actually paid attention! Since his heart attack he is terrified of death and he kept saying "Interesante" as we discussed what happens after death.

Thursday - I went to the chiropractor and she shot me with this little gun thing to adjust my spine. Fingers crossed it works. Then we had a District Council and lunch where we handed over some smoothies for the Zone Leaders since we had lost last Thursday. Then we stayed in Hood River and painted old ladies fingernails. It was so much fun. They were all so sweet and it was cute because they all wanted to pay us and we just kept telling them that all we wanted was a smile. They didn't believe us but we were insistent. Then we visited a couple of people in the home and helped the Hood River missionaries a bit with an investigator that we had passed to them. We had interviews and then went to dinner before finally returning  back to dear old White Salmon.

Friday was crazy. A lot. We've been trying to clean out the area book as transfers come up and... let's just say it's been dissected. We contacted a referral out in Lyle and she is so amazing and prepared, she also is going to take me to Colima when I get off my mission. I'm super excited. That night we had another lesson with Marcos and Julian and tried to convince them to go to church. Ultimately, we promised to eat menudo if they would go to church. They didn't end up coming but it would have been so worth it.
Quote of the day:
Me (trying to explain the state of Missouri): "There's lots of rednecks. Like hicks? They go hunting a lot and eat squirrels and opossums and deer."
Hermana Hernandez: "Pobrecita ardillas!" (poor squirrels!)
Me: I guess! Do you know what a redneck is?
H: "espera, como super carniveros?" (Super carnivores?)
Me: "I mean... yes?"

Saturday - Transfer calls! We went to Carson and had a neat lesson with Modesto. Then transfer calls came and I am headed to Ephrata and Hna Hernandez is receiving Hna Lindsay!! The missionary I trained! I'm super excited even though I don't know that I'll get to see her.

Sunday - We taught the 5th Sunday lesson and it was fantastic. We gave a training on Preach My Gospel and it really excited the ward a lot. I'm really happy for the things they are going to accomplish. Then we taught Nancy, Julian's friend, and she loved the Plan of Salvation so much. She said it just made so much sense. Then we had some good other lessons with members and RCLA's.

Spiritual thought - I've been reading the New Testament from the beginning and if it is one thing that I have learned, the Bible has to be used with the Book of Mormon. Because of the knowledge I have gained from the Book of Mormon, the Bible is so clear, the teachings are undeniable and all point to the restored church. Before when I studied passages or read random chapters I could see how easily things were misinterpreted and how opinion could be such a huge factor. I love this gospel and I have truly gained a testimony that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are to be used together so that we can obtain greater light and understanding. I love being a missionary!!

--
Sister Jaycie Baird
Washington Yakima Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment